Saturday, June 20, 2020

Photoshoot: Copper Tree!


I love copper.  It's such a great colour and add in that beautiful metallic quality.  It's such a warm and rich colour.  I often pair it with green and this time I decided to pair it with olive green because I had some beautiful Olive AB delicas.  The lustre on these picked up the copper tones beautifully.

I originally wanted to call it olive tree, because olive trees are amazing!  I love their gnarly beauty.  They are not generally known for their copper tones though, so Copper Tree it became.

One the left me have a generic glass ramekin dish with copper leaf in it that I think came from the Range.  It's beautiful stuff.  I brought one of those plain wooden decoupage boxes and painted it black before patchily adding the copper leaf over the top and then varnishing.  It came out looking lovely and I know the friend I made it for still has it.

It is however pesky stuff.  Don't breathe at it or it will all fly away.  Don't let it near damp surfaces and I really would not recommend using a fan around it.  In fact, maybe just don't move!

The two candles are olive and thyme from Yankee Candles.  The holders are cheap glass ones I think I got from Tesco.  The card is also from Tesco, because being badass is a daily goal!

My husband loves a good bargain and he found this in a charity shop locally.  It's so pretty and I have never seen anything quite like it.  It reminds me of the stone, serpentine, but it's pottery.  It has no markings and I can not say anything else about it.  Except it's lovely.

The purse is made from cork and I got it from a tourist shop somewhere around the bottom of the toboggan run in Funchal on the island of Madeira.  I like the idea of cork trees finding a new reason for being kept around so that they do not get ripped up...

The snake is Voldermort's snake from Harry Potter taken from the lego minifigure set.  He is called Nagini.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspiration: Eggs

When it comes to Easter, chocolate eggs are the first thing many think of.  Certainly I love them!  Eggs are a symbol of fertility and acros...